Features leather mouthpiece:
- Leather bits have the property that it becomes softer when it gets wet due to the saliva in the horse's mouth. This, in combination with the taste of the leather, makes the bit particularly suitable for horses with a sensitive mouth.
- Leather bits with a metal core are standard bits covered with leather and not flexible.
- Leather bits from Trust have a flexible nylon core that molds to the horse's mouth and is therefore softer.
- Regular lubrication with butter prevents drying and keeps the leather supple.
- A baby pelham is a bit with a curb chain and short shanks, which gives pressure behind the ears and creates leverage.
- A short-shanked pelham is also called baby pelham, and a long-shanked pelham is a common pelham.
- The length of the shanks and the chin strap or curb chain determine the strength of the impact.
The longer the shanks, the sharper the effect.
- A pelham can be used with 2 reins; The one rein on the top ring for a soft grip
and the other rein on the bottom ring for pelham leverage.
- You can also use one rein by means of a connecting strap (Bridge), to which the rein is attached.
- The use of a pelham makes it easier to set a horse deeply and is often used with stronger horses.
- The pelham is not suitable for inexperienced riders or horses, this bit can work quite strongly.
- A single jointed bit has a hinge point in the middle that puts pressure on the layers, lips and sides of the tongue. A single jointed bit squeezes the tongue slightly under pressure and puts less pressure on the tongue.
- The hinge point rises slightly in the middle and can sting the palate. In this case is it better to choose a double-jointed or straight mouthpiece.
- A single jointed bit is a good basic bit, suitable for many horses and riders.
- The mouthpiece of a pinchless bit has an internal sleeve, which allows the bit to rotate in the middle.
- This allows each side of the bit to work independently without changing the position of the bit.
- With a Pinchless mouthpiece it is possible to work in on one side without disturbing the horse's mouth on the other side.
- A Pinchless bit does not press or pinch in the horse's mouth and is very comfortable.
- Horses are more likely to accept the bit.
- A Pinchless bit is therefore horse-friendly
€14,95 Incl. tax
Baby Pelham "Pinchless" Covered With Leather, 17mm