Kimblewick - Kimberwick.
- A kimblewick is a hanging D with a curb chain that acts like a pelham with a milder effect and is used with one rein.
- This side piece has 2 slots for attaching a rein. The lower the rein, the greater the leverage and the sharper the bit.
- The kimblewick is used in combination with a curb strap or curb chain.
- The kimblewick gives the rider more control over the horse than a standard sidepiece.
Straight mouthpiece features:
- A straight mouthpiece consists of 1 piece and gives pressure on the tongue, layers and lips.
- The shape and thickness of the mouthpiece determine where the pressure will be in the mouth.
- A straight mouthpiece with a tongue port gives more pressure on the layers and keeps the tongue free.
- The straighter and thicker the mouthpiece, the more pressure on the tongue.